Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problems with 2010-05-07 b4452

Default Problems with 2010-05-07 b4452

Open-E,

I made the mistake of updating to this version before testing and I totally disrupted my network ops.

I'm not sure what was going on, but I was perfectly running on 4221 and when I upgraded to 4452 and rebooted, the iSCSI service did not appear to start. I had to downgrade back to 4221 for things to work again.

The release notes don't indicate any significant changes. Was I missing something?

Something major must have happened since 4221.

I have two DSS boxes, going from 4221 -> 4452, I had to revert to 4221, fully delete all volumes, fully delete all iSCSI targets, then upgrade, then re-create the volumes and iSCSI targets using 4452.

Something changed that isn't in the changelog for 4452... only thing I can assume is because of the New Setup Wizard... which shouldn't prompt you if the system is already setup in my opinion...

The system is REALLY buggy if you have an intact working system prior to the upgrade (ie. you can't flush iSCSI connections, many of the buttons don't functions, you can't remove and iSCSI target, you can't create a new iSCSI target.

Buggy upgrade. but if you get tricky with it you can make it work