Visit Open-E website

Thread: No more iSCSI Target announcement/detection

Default No more iSCSI Target announcement/detection

Hey guys,

we are using a open-e dss v6 SAN together with a vSphere Infrastructure.

After some testings with the new SAN (which includes deleting/recreating a volume group/logical volume/targets & assigning logical volumes to targets) the announcement of the target seems to not work any longer.

In VMware ESX Host config you can either configure static targets or dynamic ones. The static config works fine, so it's not a problem of a bad configured target or LUN, but when I try to add just the IP addresses to the dynamic recognition, the Initiator cannot find any targets!

Is there something to add/configure/reconfigure on the SAN/in open-e?

Thanks for any advice.

Best,
    Norman

...and by the way, I also cannot connect with the Microsoft Software iSCSI Initiatior. I think it's also because of the non-working feature of announcing the targets on the open-e side. And there I cannot use the "static target" because it's not there. M$ Initiator only supports dynamic targets and that needs announcement of them...

Just let me know if you guys need further information to work on this.

Best,
    Norman

Hi Ableton - Can you try without the Jumbo frames and set back to 1500 for all the NIC and on the switch and VMware NICs then test. I will be looking inot your logs and reply to you from our support system.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube