Visit Open-E website

Thread: Anyone else loosing iSCSI targets when replicating?

Default Anyone else loosing iSCSI targets when replicating?

We have 2 SANs and we are using asyncronous replication to push our data to our second unit at night. Also we are using IETD instead of SCST, see my previous post as to why. Yet when we replicate it now that we transitioned to VMware from Virtual Iron, it drops the targets and all guests crash. I have to reset the iSCSI connections to get it back up. What is going on? I have not been able to replicate for some time now, and this is creating a huge hole in our DR plan. From everything I understand this should be a fully supported operation by both VMware and Open-E.

Help!

Can you try without Async? Also are you using the latest version of DSS V6? We are certified with DSS V6 and ESX 4.0 with iSCSI (SCST and Block IO).
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Well...

Sure we can try Syncronous. We have a 100Mb pipe that we use between here and our remote site. I'll try that out. We are on version 4550, but I'll be updating to the latest tonight. 2 of our Targets are Block-IO, but as mentioned in my other thread, we are still stuck on IETD. But I'll be trying that out tonight as well.

Thanks, I'll post again tomorrow.

Is that pipe shared? Keep in mind not all protocols are the same speeds like ftp is faster then smb and so on and the replication is DRBD.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Yes the pipe is shared. However, we have always been able to max out the available bandwidth, up to 14MB in bursts. We'll see after I do some testing tonight!

Well when I tried Syncronous last night it did not see to drop the iSCSI connections. However, the router we have still went down. We never could figure out what it was about the replication that started taking it down.

Somethings not right - send in the logs.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"