Visit Open-E website

Thread: INTEL NIC driver options

Question INTEL NIC driver options

Hi,

where can I check/edit the INTEL NIC driver settings and options - especially the flow control option (enable/disable)??

I think I have trouble with enabled flow control (dropped packets) and so I want to disable flow control on switch AND DSS NIC ...

Thanx!
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferl
    Hi,

where can I check/edit the INTEL NIC driver settings and options - especially the flow control option (enable/disable)??

I think I have trouble with enabled flow control (dropped packets) and so I want to disable flow control on switch AND DSS NIC ...

Thanx!
    From the DSS console you can use Cntrl+Alt+T and option 7 'Modify Driver Options'.
    You can then choose the adapter to see its options. (Not all intel options are available to change)
    Some info is here: http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009209.htm

ok, thanx!

What's the default on DSS: enabled or disabled flowcontrol?
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferl
    ok, thanx!

What's the default on DSS: enabled or disabled flowcontrol?
    In newer cards the default is 'on', with no option to disable.
    In older cards the option may be available via Cntrl+Alt+T options.
    If I could look at your logs from DSS, I may be able to tell you what the settings currently are.