Visit Open-E website

Thread: Added expansion packs now my target is deleted!!

Default Added expansion packs now my target is deleted!!

I had DSS V6 Lite running under the 60 day trial. I have 4 2tb disks attached to SATA ports and was using software raid 5. I thought initally that the licensed size was the actual volume and in my case I had 4 tb in a raid 5 and 1 hot spare.

I made my license a DSS lite version.
    I bought a 2 tb expansion and rebooted but it still said I was over capacity
    I bought another 2tb expansion and rebooted and it still said I was over capacity
    I bought a third 2tb expansion and rebooted and the over capacity error finally went away.

But so did my production target!! Lost all my data.

How do I get it back? if I can't get my data back how do I get my money back as I will find another solution.

The target and the volume are not the same. Is the volume intact? If so, you can create another target.
    Can you confirm that your volume group still exists?

You are correct. The logical volume was intact, just the ISCSI target was removed somehow. I worked with Open-E support even though I have no Lite support as they were concerned that there might be a problem. I did not realize that losing the iscsi target name and iscsi id were no big deal, just freaked out when the dss lite was upgraded and my iscsi attached servers could not longer see the dss server.

Everything is working now and my data was ok.

Well i'm certainly glad that things worked out.