Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS lite vm memory

Default DSS lite vm memory

How much memory does dss lite 32bit need!

I created a virtual machine in ESXi 4.5 I chose other linux 32bit for the os and installed DSS V6 lite on it. I gave it 2 vCPUs and 4GB on vRAM. It is configured and running but I get warnings about memory usage from the VM. There is no way that this software needs more than 4GB of memory. Anyone have a similar issue?

Quote Originally Posted by dkatcham
    How much memory does dss lite 32bit need!

I created a virtual machine in ESXi 4.5 I chose other linux 32bit for the os and installed DSS V6 lite on it. I gave it 2 vCPUs and 4GB on vRAM. It is configured and running but I get warnings about memory usage from the VM. There is no way that this software needs more than 4GB of memory. Anyone have a similar issue?
    FREE DSS6 Lite only supports 1CPU.
    back down to 1cpu and 3gb ram.
    http://www.open-e.com/products/open-...te/comparison/

What kind of warrnings are you getting?
    To be able use software updates you need 1GB memory. Big volumes with replication likes using ram(it's described in helps).

Which services do you have eanabled?

Quote Originally Posted by salmon
    What kind of warrnings are you getting?
    To be able use software updates you need 1GB memory. Big volumes with replication likes using ram(it's described in helps).

Which services do you have eanabled?
    It goes on and off it may just be getting close to threshold and throwing the alarm. When a 600GB volume was initializing it had a mem usage alarm and when I was migrating VMs to the new volume i got cpu alarms. I think vCenter is just really touchy.

SMB Transfer Protocol, SMB Naming service, and SNMP service are active.

Hmm, so you are getting those warnings from vCenter or from DSS?