Visit Open-E website

Thread: replication to multiple destinations?

Question replication to multiple destinations?

Is it possible to do block level volume replication to multiple sites? e.g. replication for iSCSI failover + additional replication to third DSS box for backup?

If not, is it on the roadmap?
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

We are looking into this to have more then 1 but we dont have a set date other then we would like to have this before end of Q1 of '11. With the 4550 I would update with the latest version of 4786 as this version has the latest SCST 2.0 for the iSCSI Target solution.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    With the 4550 I would update with the latest version of 4786 as this version has the latest SCST 2.0 for the iSCSI Target solution.
    ...except as pfeifferl has noted in a previous thread (http://www.forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?t=2164), 4786 breaks his cluster.
    He and I are both waiting for update 55.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias
    ...except as pfeifferl has noted in a previous thread (http://www.forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?t=2164), 4786 breaks his cluster.
    He and I are both waiting for update 55.
    up55 release is very soon.

We hope to done with all testing within 2 weeks, many have added to the list with driver updates and other modifications and this adds to the time not including all the testing, in many ways I wish we did not support so many hw vendors as this is a killer for our guys, bot none the less we will get it out in 2 business weeks.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Default Thanks for all your efforts

To-M,
    I value and appreciate all of the hard work that goes into this product. I don't mind waiting awhile to get a solid, stable realease that I can use in my production environment.

Now get back to work!!!

LOL, man you have no idea how we bust our guys bust there butts! Thanks!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"