Visit Open-E website

Thread: Web GUI not accessible after switch to lite-license

Default Web GUI not accessible after switch to lite-license

Hello!

Yesterday i installed DSS v6 and all was well in testing mode. After configuring the most important things and creating a NAS and a iSCSI target i entered the license key for the lite version.

Since the NAS is rebooted now it is no longer possible to access the web GUI. I immediately get the error message in Internet Explorer that the server is not accessible (as if the webserver was not running at all). Rebooting did not help.

What could i do now to resolve this issue?

Thanks
    Markus Mann

BTW: Someone should make it possible to change the default boot option (32bit or 64bit) also after changing to the lite license...

Quote Originally Posted by ctsde-max93
    Hello!

Yesterday i installed DSS v6 and all was well in testing mode. After configuring the most important things and creating a NAS and a iSCSI target i entered the license key for the lite version.

Since the NAS is rebooted now it is no longer possible to access the web GUI. I immediately get the error message in Internet Explorer that the server is not accessible (as if the webserver was not running at all). Rebooting did not help.

What could i do now to resolve this issue?

Thanks
    Markus Mann

BTW: Someone should make it possible to change the default boot option (32bit or 64bit) also after changing to the lite license...
    at the console(physically) use CNTRL+ALT+N and setup your IP's, dns, and gateway.

for switching boot modes... http://kb.open-e.com/How-can-I-chang...verse_862.html
    once your up and running again:
    http://kb.open-e.com/How-do-I-connec...motely_97.html

Hi!

All was already setup well, in testing mode all things already worked (SMB shares, iSCSI target).

Today i booted the NAS and the web GUI is working again, without changing anything. But it lost all shares, users and the iSCSI target *grmbl*

Is it really intended to loose all settings upon changing the license from testing to lite?

Cheers
    Markus Mann

If the iSCSI and NAS Logical volumes are still there then all that is needed is to create the Targets again and assign the logical volumes to the Targets and for the NAS just use the Specify Path and look for the existing share and add it. The best is to always save your settings and configuration from the GUI in Maint. > Misc. and take all 4 options. Then you can restore them for cases like this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube