Visit Open-E website

Thread: suddenly reboot and system hang

Exclamation suddenly reboot and system hang

Hi,

our 2 node DSS v6 failover cluster has troubles again (no RAID/HDD issues at this time). Today DSS2 (sec. node) suddenly rebooted and hung at 27% boot up sequence, booted again, ...

Then I tried to disconnect the bonding interface cables and the system booted up with no issues. After reconnecting the NIC cables system crashed again ... without NIC cable everything works ...

Any ideas? Are there known issues with INTEL NICs and bonding (balanced-rr)? Should I completely remove the bond and use only one 1:1 connected interface for the volume replication?
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

There shouldn't be a problem, you don't need to use a bond w/ the Volume Replication but if you need the path failover then I would use it, did this just start happening or is this a new system? An idea is to try to check the ports on the Switch to make sure it is not configured for 802.3ad or if there are Jumbo frames or just place in different ports of the switch.

If this does not help send in the logs so we can look them.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I sent logs to support, but they didn't find an error ...

I use balanced-rr as bond without switch (direct connection NIC to NIC).

The reboot occured on long running system, I never had this issue before.
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

DSS v6 b4550 iSCSI autofailover with Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster (having still some issues with autofailover).

2 DSS: 3HE Supermicro X7DBE BIOS 2.1a, Areca ARC-1261ML FW 1.48, 8x WD RE3 1TB, 1x Intel PRO1000MT Dualport, 1x Intel PRO1000PT Dualport.

2 Windows Nodes: Intel SR1500 + Intel SR1560, Dual XEON E54xx, 32 GB RAM, 6 NICs. Windows Server 2008 R2.

do you have the Ticket #
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Ticket #1020209

Thanx!
    regards,
    Lukas

descience.NET
    Dr. Lukas Pfeiffer
    A-1140 Wien
    Austria
    www.dotnethost.at

Thanks for the ticket - I checked with the guys and had them confirm that if you delete the Bond and re-create again it should work, looks like something got messed up. Let me know if re-creating the Bond works or does not.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"