Visit Open-E website

Thread: No connect via AFP

Default No connect via AFP

Just setup my new Open-E NAS, but I have problems connecting to my share via AFP from Mac OS X 10.6.6. Connecting via SMB works without a problem, but not via AFP. After "Connect to Server" I use afp://192.168.1.4 and give the user credentials, but Open-E resonds "no shares available". Any idea?

BTW, what's the thing with "DBD CNID Scheme" or "CDB CNID Scheme"? Which one to use? I found nothing in the manual about this, and also Google gives no direct solution...

Please help!
    Thank you.

After testing a little, I found the reason, why I have no more access. I made a "rsync" from a Server to this share, and after doing this rsync, the user rights seem to be wrong. I can then repair userrights with the tools in the Open-E WebGui, so I can connect via SMB again. But connecting via AFP still fails.
    After deleting the share and the underlaying files, I can recreate this share and then everything works. Anyway, this looks to easy to "destroy" a share like this.

Does anybody knows more about this??

It's my impression this works as expected prior to OSX 10.6.6, is that true?

The CNID stuff has to do with using Netatalk.

Sorry, but I can not test behaviour on a System prior 10.6.6, because I don't have one. As I now realized, what this problem created, I now do the transfer from my old server to the new NAS not via rsync, I just make a copy via AFP.
    Anyway, I was really surprised how easy it was, to make a share unusable!

I also read on the netatalk website about the CNID parameters, seems it is better to start with the DBD scheme, and only if there are any problems with many users, one may switch to CDB. See also: http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/2.1/...#CNID-backends