Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Volume Replication

Hello,

I have two Servers with failover configuration:

1 Volume replication Nic
    4 Nics Bond0
    1 Nic for Web-Access

With IOMeter i have an write-io of 110 MB, but when i make a manually failover and only one Server is active, i have a write-io of 220 MB.

Is the bandwidth for replication limited to one Nic? Is it possible to add a second nic for replication to increase the bandwidth for replication?

Currently all replication tasks use only one NIC but You can create bonding and run replication on it.

Default Bond for Volume Replication

Thank you for the Tip.

I have create a blance-rr bond for the Volume Replication with two Nics, but this does not increase the throughput, the write-io with active replication is is still at 110 MB.

During creation of volume replication task you can set option: " Bandwidth for SyncSource (MB)". By default it's set to 40 MB. To change this value you have to delete this task and create it again.

Default Bandwidth for SyncSource

There is a knowledgebase article: Why Open-E request to specify bandwidth value for volume replication? http://kb.open-e.com/Why-Open-E-requ...ation_172.html

"Once the destination volume show consistent, replication will use maximum possible bandwidth."

So the Option "Bandwidth for SyncSource" should not impact the Bandwidth, when the Volume is consistent.

hmm, I didn't know that.

Ok, could you try one more thing? Shutdown secondary machine and see if speed will also increase to 220 MB.