Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updating DSS v6

Default updating DSS v6

Hello,

I'm looking to update to the latest version of DSSv6.
    We're currently running 6.00 up14 b4221.

In the past I've just used the software update function on the web GUI but this doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    Is it just a case of booting from the latest CD iso and then running the install or should I be aware of anything that could go wrong?

Many thanks,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonMoore87
    Hello,

I'm looking to update to the latest version of DSSv6.
    We're currently running 6.00 up14 b4221.

In the past I've just used the software update function on the web GUI but this doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    Is it just a case of booting from the latest CD iso and then running the install or should I be aware of anything that could go wrong?

Many thanks,
    Jon
    You can upload the iso to DSS from any administrative PC.
    Latest version:
    ftp://software:enterforupdate@ftp.op...b5087.oe_i.iso

ftp://software:enterforupdate@ftp.op...eadme_5087.txt

What latest version did you try with ? 4786 or 5087?

You can do the install w/ CDROM or USB but I would try to with the GUI, if you have any NAS shares then try to use the Repair Filesystem from the Extended tools functions.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hello,

I tried clicking "Check for updates" but got a message that the update file was corrupt. I'm now trying to upload the ISO to the SAN using the web GUI but it seems to just be stuck on "upload in progress, please wait."

Could you tell me the steps to update manually from a booted CD if I can't get this working?
    I'm using hyper-v virtual machines on a single LUN via iSCSI.
    It's a single machine with no failover etc.

Thanks,
    Jon

Make sure to save your settings from the GUI in Maint. > Misc. and take all 4 options.
    Then burn ISO onto CD then boot and run the Software installer after POST.

Link below provides details on this video though it shows with USB Flash Stick it will work the same w/ CDROM.

http://www.open-e.com/library/webcasts-and-videos/
    2010.09 Installing Open-E DSS V6

It could be that you are on build 4622 and you might try to use the 4786 before going to 5087 or there could be something on volume causing it not to update, try creating a small NAS vol. then run the repair file system from the Extended tools from the Console Screen.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Just following on from this topic -

I attempted to update from 6.00up50 b4786 to 6.00up55 b5087 (downloaded iso), but as above I just got stuck at the 'Upload in progress. Please wait.' message. Also, whether related or not, clicking 'check' in 'Update downloader' panel I just get 'Error: Unable to connect to update server'.

Any ideas? I know I can boot of CD, etc and am currently viewing the referenced video.

Check if you have internet access (Gateway, DNS and try to ping a domain name from the Console tools), try run the repair filesystem tool in Extended tools (this will restart system if you have NAS volumes maybe something is going on) - then try once more.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Thanks. No NAS volumes here. But internet access was, of course, the issue for second case. Proxy setting doesn't work for this update downloader? Gave the host full internet access and all fine - downloads the update, ready to be accepted.

But still can't do the local upload (which I don't need now anyway).

Was there a check with the md5 file to verify the download of the iso? If the Check automation works then this could be the issue.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Nope - md5 check was OK. I suspect it's some browser issue - maybe. Not an issue for me though.

Thanks for your time.