Visit Open-E website

Thread: Intel Gigabit ET2 Quad-Port Support?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Intel Gigabit ET2 Quad-Port Support?

Using trial version DSS V6.0 u55, build 5087...

Everything functions fine with two motherboard NICs. DSS seems to know that the four additional ports are there; however, DSS doesn’t install them as ethernet interfaces. I say that because there are four Intel Corporation Gigabit ET2 Quad Port Server Adapter listings under the Status/Hardware/Controllers info panel.

Specifications of the new Intel quad-port adapter:
    Name: Intel Gigabit ET2 Multi-Port Adapter
    Model: E1G44ET2
    Controller: Intel 82576
    Device ID: 1526
    Vendor ID: 8086

I notice that DSS has current product compatibility with five 82576-based Intel network interfaces with device IDs of 10C9, 10E6, 10E7, 10E8, and 150A. That being the case I have two questions:

1) When can we expect DSS to support the Intel E1G44ET2 ?

2) In the meantime, is there a way to install the new device with a driver that supports one the five older 82576-based Intel interface cards ?

Thank you for your support.

The Intel 82576 should work with the 8057, is all the firmware updated on the motherboard and try in a different slot.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

re: DSS V6 support for Intel Gigabit ET2 Quad (model E1G44ET2)

The motherboard has the latest bios and other PCI Express 2.0 slots have been tried as suggested; however, still unsuccessful.

Please confirm that DSS V6 build 5087 contains the Open-E patch reference by Newegg customer in a Dec 13 review, which I highlighted below.

Comments by Kevin, Dec 13 2010
    Great for link aggregation
    Pros: Fast, latest gen Intel card. Good price for what you get. Doesn't appear to get that hot.
    Cons: So new that some systems might not recognize it as of December 2010. Not Intel's fault though.
    Otros Pensamientos: I use a couple of these in some nice 2U 2950 servers. They are running Open-E DSSv6 in an HA setup. I had to get a patch from Open-E to run them. They told me that only 64-bit systems will be supported FYI. I'm bonding these using 802.3ad with an HP switch. I have Redhat Enterprise Virtualization hypervisors connecting to my SAN and it's very fast.

Comments obtained from Newegg link:
    http://espanol.newegg.com/Product/Pr...scrollHelpful1

Thank you for your support.

Send in a support ticket with the log so we can take a look at it, we have others using this card and working.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

heads up.... logs coming.....

It shows up in the logs:

08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
    08:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01) 09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
    09:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)

Try to go into the Console screen and enter CTRL ALT T then select Boot options then select System parameters and disable all except for the SMP then save and reboot and see if this works.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"