Visit Open-E website

Thread: Could not access via web browser, and got error message to use some tool on console

Default Could not access via web browser, and got error message to use some tool on console

Hi,

I'm having serious problem to manage NAS-R3 now.

When I tried to access via web browser, it said that it does not connect to domain even I never set such thing up. And if I log in on console and tried to use some tool, it said "sed: could not flush stdout: No space left on devide".

And now I'm having another problem. If I put CTRL+ALT+P on console, it looks like to be recovered, but it suddenly shutdown with error message "Internal system error!! 10 second to shutdown" and it frequency reboot with that message. At the same time, I saw error message of RAID controller that RAID is rebuilding.

I will try to contact dealer which we bought but before I would like to know what happen if possible. Somebody has answer to help me?

Thanks GR,
    But I could not run Console Extend Tools because reboot is happen during system is loaded (system loading is going to 95% and "Internal Error" is happen and system is rebooted automatically). Do you have next idea?

If system rebooted without any human intervention then it could be some hardware issue and we would need to see logs from the DSS V6 to see if we can pin point it as to what caused the reboot. Sometimes 95% hangs are related to NIC connections w/ bonds typically w/ 802.3ad that I have seen but subject to always be the case just some that I have seen in the past.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Could be NIC lock ups.... driver issue usually in this case I guess.

i agree, hard reboots by itself would indicate a hardware issue.
    run a RAID health check from the system BIOS, and see how that comes out. If you can get logs from the controller, that may give you some information as well.

You can also boot the trial version of DSSV6 in 32bit mode, and see if you can present the volumes with no error. If so, upgrade. R3 is EOL anyway, and if the DOM is unrecoverable, an upgrade should be considered.