Visit Open-E website

Thread: Annoying webinterface session timeout

Default Annoying webinterface session timeout

Hi,

any chance to increase (or, better, to disable) the session timeout for the WebGUI? I've got five Open-e systems running here, working with replication etc. Often, I've several WebGUIs open in my browser at the same time.

It's annoying to see the login window with that smiling woman after just a couple of minutes when I've worked on something else....

If this isn't possible to change, it would be a great idea to add this function to a future version...

Regards,

Robert

Just checking on this and I left mine up for over 30 min. using Firefox with DSS V6 build 5087 and did not experience this issue - is this similar to your setup?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default What's short, what's long

Hi Todd,

ok, 30 mins might be the real value (4786 with Firefox 3.6 or Opera 11). But it isn't the felt value :-)

This is too short, I mean. I'm working IN my network with lots of Ciscos, Open-e-s, 150 Servers. I've got dozens of consoles, webGUIs etc where I'm working on, and Open-e is the only one that kicks me out after such a short time.
    This is annoying since, often, the webGUI takes a lot of time before returning to a state where I can do the next step. And when it's back, the session is timed out.
    F.i. after creating a new volume on the primary and secondary Open-e, both webGUIs become gray and are processing some minutes. I don't want to wait, thus I'll do something else with another management console. After that, I return to the Open-e-s and I'm welcome by two login dialogs. Args.

Best,

Robert

Totally agree with you Nipper - can you try with 5087 as we did some improvements on this. And come to think about it was happening to me in the pat with 4786.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I can ony echo the feelings. Please give the users the choice of timeout, including never timeout.