Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS Lite Question/Problem

Default DSS Lite Question/Problem

I have a few questions regarding DSS Lite.

Does anyone know if the 2TB can be increased without upgrading to the full version? Can I buy another 2TB for a total of 4TB or do I need to buy a full version DSS? I am a small business user and really have no need for the full capability, however I would like to expand beyond 2TB. Any thoughts?

Also, I ran into a problem when attempting to upgrade to the latest version. I have a 2GB USB stick with DSS installed. I tried to upload the latest ISO and it gave me a general error partway through the process. Not a disk space error, but an error telling me it failed. Does anyone know how much space should be left on a 2GB USB Stick with DSS installed? Anyone know what the error might be and why it happened? Like I said, it said nothing about space, but an error of some sort occurred. I tried it several times with the same error. Any ideas how to upgrade?

Also, is there a list somewhere of all previous versions with fixes and bugs? I need to get a list of the version fixes/bugs prior to [2011-01-12] Open-E DSS V6 Lite ver. 6.00 up55 build 5087

Thanks!

Yes you can and you can purchase this from the link below and you do not have to buy the full version and you can keep adding more 2TB or higher storage license keys.

http://www.open-e.com/store/

Check to see if you can remove older release from the GUI in Maint. > Software update.

All information is in the release notes with the list and all previous versions with fixes known issues. They in your user portal from where you downloaded the DSS V6 Lite.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    Yes you can and you can purchase this from the link below and you do not have to buy the full version and you can keep adding more 2TB or higher storage license keys.

http://www.open-e.com/store/

Check to see if you can remove older release from the GUI in Maint. > Software update.

All information is in the release notes with the list and all previous versions with fixes known issues. They in your user portal from where you downloaded the DSS V6 Lite.

The problem is that I only see one update. The original that was installed when I installed the software. It won't give me the option to delete the original install. Any other possibilities?

Also, it sounds like I can download all previous releases in the portal. I only see a way to download the current version. I would like to see which version is better to be running and has less issues. Thanks!

There is a limit set on how bit iso file can be uploaded. Since last two versions the limit has changed. So if you have an older version you won't be able to update to the newest one from the webgui.
    Please go to MAINTENANCE -> miscellaneous and download a copy of your setup and configuration on you PC. After that you can reflash the USB memory stick with the new DSS V6 release and after that restore the config and setup. The data will stay untouched.