Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volume replication via WAN problems

Yes looks like its flipping back and forth on the connection.

What is the WAN pipe size and what was the bandwidth set for?[ the WAN is Ethernet, our connection is 38/5Mbps. I have not changed the DSS bandwidth setting, I think it's at 40. One thing I forgot to mention is that the two WAN IP's are on the same network.]

What increment is the default 40, kbps?

Thanks.

That would be Bandwidth for SyncSource (MB): 40MB... is your WAN speed that fast?
    And its cummulative. 2 x 40MB tasks = 80MB in pipe.

So is this on a VPN? If on the same network from the Source to Destination then you dont need the WAN feature try without as it sounds like it is flipping back and forth.

Crank down the Bandwidth to 10MB for the task.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

So is this on a VPN? If on the same network from the Source to Destination then you dont need the WAN feature try without as it sounds like it is flipping back and forth.
    [No, I've taken the VPN down. But, the IP addresses are on from the same ISP and at locations on their network.]

Crank down the Bandwidth to 10MB for the task.[I currently can't access the IP via GUI, can that be done from console? Or, do you have a suggestion as to how I might bring this back, such as default it's NIC settings then change back to conform to my LAN?]

You won't be able to adjust this parameter via the console. You'll have to do it from the UI.
    If you need to modify the IP address(es) of the system, this can be done via the console (Ctrl + Alt + N)