Visit Open-E website

Thread: Mixed Windows and Mac

Default Mixed Windows and Mac

Working on an enviroument that contain computers with Windwos and Mac O.S.
    also with different builds of Mac ( as 10.4 and 10.6 ..).

The windows coputers work as charm, but some of the Mac computers get some issues, such as can not create new folder or can not delete it and more.

Do you think that I have something wrong in my settings?

Sir, in the enviroments that works with mixed O.S. as the one you have running Windows with Mac operating systems, we always recommend to do the following withen your DSSv6:

- Disable Unix Extensions
    - Uncheck option " Hide special folders"

Thanks, but i don't have a Unix machines, also where can i find this option "Hide Special Folders"? is it in windows or Mac?

Both options are available in Open-E DSSv6,
    and whether you are using a Unix or not, for the environments that works with multi kind of operating systems, it is recommended to disable this feature "Unix Extensions" even if there is NO Unix or Linux system in your environment.

The option "Disable Unix Extensions" is available with the DSSv6 build b4786 and after.

You can find it in : Share properties - SMB settings section - then you need to click "Show advanced".

And for "Hide special folder" can be found in:

CONFIGURATION>NAS Settings>SMB settings: "Hide Special folders" checkbox ( remove the check from it, you should leave it empty ).