Visit Open-E website

Thread: Missing snapshot

Default Missing snapshot

I am attempting to create a snapshot on my iSCSI-R3 box, but when I follow the help file, there is no dropdown to select creating a snapshot available. I've got the software updated to the latest version. Is there something else I'm missing here?

When you create the Snapshot volume from the Volume Manager you should be able to assign the Snapshot Volume to the iSCSI volume. Then from the GUI in Main. > Snapshot you can schedule the Snapshot then enable the Snapshot from the iSCSI Target manger.

To know more about Snapshot please see link below:

http://www.open-e.com/site_media/dow...t_May_2009.pdf
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

The actual problem is that there is no space reserved for snapshots on this volume, so I don't have the option to create them. Is there any way to correct this once I've got data on the volume?

You have to increase the RAID Array, so more disks will be needed then use the RAID migration tool from the controller. Then add the new space to the existing Volume Group.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

I know this is an old topic, but I've just been able to get back to it. I wiped out my iSCSI unit, rebuilt the RAID array and started completly over. However, when I go to the Volume Group page, it only gives me the option for a new volume group. I don't have any options for a Snapshot volume. Is there something I am doing wrong or have set wrong?

create the new Volume group then go to the logical volume manager and create the new Snapshot volume.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

There is no place to select a snapshot volume.

Clear your cache browser settings or try with Firefox then you will see the pull down "Action" to allow you to create the Snapshot volume.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Using firefox did the trick. Thanks again for your help!

O.k thanks for that info. I'm very interested to see how it goes with my 80 ping connection
    B good!