Visit Open-E website

Thread: Hyper-v Intel 10gb CX4 Nics

Default Hyper-v Intel 10gb CX4 Nics

I was wondering if anyone could post their settings for both sides on their nics. Like how large your buffers are and such for the hyper-v side and any tweaks you did to the open-e side.. Right now for creating VHD files i'm getting about 65% utilization of th 10gb CX4 and in iometer tests I'm getting about 40% utilization or so. So I was hoping I could get more since when I benchmark with IOmeter on the server itself when it used to have windows on it. It pulled well over 2k megs with sequential reads(i know its not a good measure of performance but I'm trying to see what I can get). I have 20 15k rpm sas drives in a raid 10 right now.

try jumbo frames : 9000

Sorry it took so long to respond.. I had enabled jumbos already. But I was wondering about transmit buffers and RSS queue sizes.

sizes here seem to work fairly well to start:

http://kb.open-e.com/How-can-I-fix-C...ssage_202.html

Alright sorry again for taking so long.. I've done your changes you suggested and setup fail over. So two more questions.. When doing a fail over my virtual machine I had running didn't seem to like it.. is there supposed to be a bleep that the machines experience? Also my sans synced at 400megabytes a second which is what I set it to.. But I generally can only write to the system at 70 megabytes now.. Is there anything I should check to see why performance might degrade like this? I checked the speed with the settings and I was getting nearly 75% nic utilization before the fail over san was added. And it synced at a rather high speed so what could be slowing it down now? Also thanks Gr-R for your help thus far its been most helpful ^_^..