Visit Open-E website

Thread: Storage Capacity Exceeded

Default Storage Capacity Exceeded

I have a problem. I have a 2TB license for DSS Lite. I just installed (3) 1TB drives to use as Raid 1 with a hot spare. I go to initialize the software raid and I get "Total storage size exceeded licensed storage capacity. Please purchase license key for bigger capacity." Before I bought these drives I read this post and was under the impression that as long as I don't exceed the 2TB capacity that it would be ok. In my case, I just want 1TB of Raid 1 with a hot spare. Is this not going to work? Even Raid 5 with (3) 1TB disks is only 2TB of data. Is there a bug in this version? I am running version 6.0up50.8401.4786 64bit. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Raw storage is seen in S/W RAID. Either expand the key, or change to H/W RAID.
    H/W RAID will use the configured capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R
    Raw storage is seen in S/W RAID. Either expand the key, or change to H/W RAID.
    H/W RAID will use the configured capacity.
    If I change the key do I need to re-activate the license or can I use my old activation file? What about if I just remove one of the 1TB drives from the machine?

You can remove the 1 drive or purchase another 2TB license key from link below its very low cost. Using the same key on the same system you wont need to activate it again only if you use a new key or change out the motherboard.

http://www.open-e.com/store/

Storage Extension +2TB $105.00
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube