Visit Open-E website

Thread: Random UID / ACLS

Exclamation Random UID / ACLS

Hi,

How I described in my post before, We use Open-e and a samba PDC.
    On Open-e there is one home share - This share contains all user homes.

And of course it is necessary to set ACLS to give not all users access to every home.
    I set the ACLS under > configuration > NAS resources > SHARES
    Everything works fine until the first reboot, and all settings are gone / different and random after every reboot;-( !?

Hi bockq,

same Problem here with Open-e and a Windows 2008 ADS, also one home share with all
    the users in (to use NFS for the Linux machines), but also some additional shares outside this box. We use both Windows and Linux machines, so the ADS has also the NIS-Server
    installed. All ACLs are set, but after a reboot of the Open-e (alone or together with the
    Win2008 server) all shares-ACLs got randomized and also the Linux-uid's (disturbingly starting from 100...) were new assigned.
    Got in contact and produced a Ticket, but no luck yet, even with the newest release.
    Did you made any progress?

Bockq and beck, did you reboot the system after setting the ACL for shares? as some settings require reboot, and some of our customers do not reboot and continue working, the system work just fine with them tell reboot, why, because when a system ask for a reboot that means it need to do some changes for some system files, while keep working without a reboot, that configuration/changes remind in the memory, so after a late reboot, some system lose this settings.

For systems with Windows and Linux, try the following:
    - Disable Unix extensions.
    - Uncheck option "hide special folders"

Unix extentsions can be found in: Share Advance Options,samba options

Hide special folder can be found in:
    CONFIGURATION>NAS Settings>SMB settings: "Hide Special folders" checkbox ( remove the check from it "unmark it" ).

Quote Originally Posted by Al-S
    For systems with Windows and Linux, try the following:
    - Disable Unix extensions.
    - Uncheck option "hide special folders"

Unix extentsions can be found in: Share Advance Options,samba options

Hide special folder can be found in:
    CONFIGURATION>NAS Settings>SMB settings: "Hide Special folders" checkbox ( remove the check from it "unmark it" ).
    Hide Special folders was/is unmarked, and also the "Unix extension" was/is unmarked, alltough I could not find it under the "Share Advance Options", but in the same location as the "hide special folder" option. Correct?
    What else to check?

Hi,

my info is that it seems to be a samba bug ;-(
    Should be fixed in the upcoming release of open-e.

Quote Originally Posted by beck
    Hide Special folders was/is unmarked, and also the "Unix extension" was/is unmarked, alltough I could not find it under the "Share Advance Options", but in the same location as the "hide special folder" option. Correct?
    What else to check?