Visit Open-E website

Thread: Hyper-V and DSS v6 Lite

Default Hyper-V and DSS v6 Lite

Hello everybody,
    I have just downloaded the latest version of the DSS lite and I have installed on a Virtual Machine based on a Hyper-V host but I have a problem, it recognize the NIC and it assigne an IP but under the properties of the NIC I see "no cable". So when I type the IP address on the browser I cannot connect to the DSS.
    Anyone can help me??

Thank you very much!

regards,

Vito

Let your NIC take a "bridged" network connection ( Connected directly to the physical network), and be sure that it is with the same subnetwork that you already have.

Also be sure that there is no conflict IP (doublicated IPs).

And when you are tryingto browse the DSS, are you trying that from an O.S. that also created virtually or by the O.S. on your machine that host the Virtual machines?

Let your NIC take a "bridged" network connection ( Connected directly to the physical network), and be sure that it is with the same subnetwork that you already have.
    The VM NIC is connected to the virtual network switch created in hyper-v. How can I connect the NIC directly to the physical network?

Also be sure that there is no conflict IP (doublicated IPs).
    There's no IP conflict...

And when you are tryingto browse the DSS, are you trying that from an O.S. that also created virtually or by the O.S. on your machine that host the Virtual machines?
    I'm trying to browse the DSS from my own PC, that he can access to the VM.

Thank you very much!

Vito

nobody can help me?

Vito

I'm using Vmware , I do not have Hyper-v right now, from Vmware you can go to VM>Settings...> select: Hardwar, Ethernet, then choose from Network connection.( you can find Bridge, NAT, Host only,Custom...).

Be sure from the IP address, did you change the DSSv6 default IP address to meat your network?

You should let the Hyper-v recognize the IP address, and see if you can ping from it or not, then change the IP in the network adapter settings inside Hyper-V so it should meet the IP class as the DSSv6.

Thank you for the reply! Now I have also some errors...I attach a printscreen so I can have a look and maybe found a solution...:-)

I set a static IP address to meat our network but from my PC I cannot ping the VM. If I set to use DHCP the VM take an IP dinamically, so it means that it can view the DHCP server on the network...it's quite strange...

thanks for your help!

regards,
    Vito