Visit Open-E website

Thread: Synchronous iSCSI Volume Replication within the system

Default Synchronous iSCSI Volume Replication within the system

I have already tried synchronous iSCSI Volume Replication with failover over LAN according to How-to-resource procedure from Open-E.
    This solution implies 2x storage HWs and 2x Open-E DSS V6.

I was wondering is it possible to do this within one system, lets say, with 2x RAID controllers?
    I didn't find this scenario in How-to-Resources.
    Open-E has a procedure for asynchronous replication/backup of NAS volume within the system.

If it is possible to setup iSCSI volumes replications within the system, does anyone knows the procedure for doing this?

Thanks...

Currently this not yet available and we are not sure if this will be done this year.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Is it possible to "imitiate" synchronous iSCSI Volume Replication over LAN by cheating the system by setting destination IP equal to source IP (and other parameters)?

Just an idea.....

No this will not work, you will get a message that it is not a mirrored server.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Why would you not just use raid 10? Your other option might maybe sort of be to create a VM to replicate to. Use local HD's (DAS) in your virtual host and replicated to the physical Open-e Box. I don't know if it is recommended to replicate this way because the "hardware" will look different on the VM.

After re-reading your original request, You could use two separate controllers if you virtualize the entire setup. You still will need two Open-e Licenses.

you could go for replication within a single system - "2010.11 Open-E DSS Asynchronous Data Replication within a System" - http://documents.open-e.com/Open-E_D...n_a_System.pdf

remember - you've got only one mother-board :-)