Visit Open-E website

Thread: QLogic Corp. 10GbE Converged Network Adapter

Default QLogic Corp. 10GbE Converged Network Adapter

Greetings all,

I just installed Open-E DSS V6 on a Cisco UCS M250 server with 16GB of RAM, an LSI MegaRAID controller, 2xQuad port Broadcom GigE cards, and a QLogic Corp. 10GbE Converged Network Adapter (FCoE). According to the Controllers Info details (via STATUS-->Hardware), all the controllers (NICs, FCoE, RAID) are recognized in the server. However, when I go to the CONFIGURATION-->FC-Manager-->Groups tab, I see this:

Warning
    ----------
    No Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter found. All Groups and HBAs settings will be saved but will have no functionality until you plug in appropriate HBA card.

Any ideas?

hi,

for my understanding. FC is different to FCoE and Open-e doesn't Support FCoE.

Greetings
    Roger

Default Converged Network

Quote Originally Posted by rkelleyrtp
    Greetings all,

I just installed Open-E DSS V6 on a Cisco UCS M250 server with 16GB of RAM, an LSI MegaRAID controller, 2xQuad port Broadcom GigE cards, and a QLogic Corp. 10GbE Converged Network Adapter (FCoE). According to the Controllers Info details (via STATUS-->Hardware), all the controllers (NICs, FCoE, RAID) are recognized in the server. However, when I go to the CONFIGURATION-->FC-Manager-->Groups tab, I see this:

Warning
    ----------
    No Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter found. All Groups and HBAs settings will be saved but will have no functionality until you plug in appropriate HBA card.

Any ideas?
    Yeah I've gotten that warning too. Does anyone know how to deal with this!?

Thanks!!

It is because of the FCoE from Qlogic, we will need more time to have this updated.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube