Visit Open-E website

Thread: Considering your product

Default Considering your product

Hello all,

I am writing this since I have a few questions and want to see the timelyness and support on your forum.

We are a small to medium sized accounting firm and are interested in your product. Currently we have no centralized storage and perussing the internet we came across your product line. Although we currently only utilizing a few virtual devices we want to make sure this product plays well with VMWare.

We have not purchased any hardware yet and are looking at building a system based on your HCL.

A quick question...is your software able to recognize 3 different tiered storage? Our first thought was that we would build a sata array, a sata2 array, and a sas array.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmahan
    Hello all,

I am writing this since I have a few questions and want to see the timelyness and support on your forum.

We are a small to medium sized accounting firm and are interested in your product. Currently we have no centralized storage and perussing the internet we came across your product line. Although we currently only utilizing a few virtual devices we want to make sure this product plays well with VMWare.

We have not purchased any hardware yet and are looking at building a system based on your HCL.

A quick question...is your software able to recognize 3 different tiered storage? Our first thought was that we would build a sata array, a sata2 array, and a sas array.
    While this isnt a 'official' support channel, we try to get to the forum posts as time permits, and the community here is a big help as well. For faster support, we have a ticket system our users can access with registered products.
    You will have to give me a bit more info on your 'tiered' arrangement you mention, and your thoughts behind the purpose.
    DSSV6 will allow Logical volume creation on virtually any Logical Unit presented to it (with the exception being the boot media).