Visit Open-E website

Thread: Migrate settings

Default Migrate settings

hi,
    I had a DSS running and configured for iSCSI with other servers (VMware ESX).
    Until the display contained an error "The boot disk is failing. "
    Then back the files on my local PC and installed a new DSS (latest version) on the server.
    To save me doing all the configuration again, I need to know if there is no way to migrate the configuration supported in the file copy I made.
    I read in another post that there is a configuration file called "settings.cnf" but I can not find that file I have.

many thx.

You can save your configuration and setup settings from the GUI in
    MAINTENANCE -> miscellaneous -> Function: Save settings.

Also you can restore settings using the Restore settings function (same path).

The saved file should be with .cnf extension.

Default reply

Sure, but I can not access the GUI.
    For the "error when trying to start (boot disk failed), I decided to format the CF, and went back to installing all the old DSS.
    I have only the file structure containing the CF before formatting.
    You understand me?

I can only access the GUI of the new installation. Which is the default configuration.

The settings.cnf file is what you download from the GUI as Al-S stated if you dont have that you wont be able to restore your IP and all the settings but it is minor as it is only related to the GUI settings but your data will still be there and you can re-enter the IP, password and other settings.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I could access the stored information, as he told me. Apply the "auto update" of the last known good configuration.
    Restarted the server, and requesting activation of the license.
    I entered the key I got from the page for that serial number and want to activate it says "Internal system error ...".
    While that was configured iSCSI still can not access.

Quote Originally Posted by shakan
    I could access the stored information, as he told me. Apply the "auto update" of the last known good configuration.
    Restarted the server, and requesting activation of the license.
    I entered the key I got from the page for that serial number and want to activate it says "Internal system error ...".
    While that was configured iSCSI still can not access.
    internal error on activation is generally due to internet connectivity.
    you can choose offline method and activate via email.

I turned on the SCST support for 1.0 and I can see the iSCSI drives. But I still can perform product activation online.

Quote Originally Posted by shakan
    I turned on the SCST support for 1.0 and I can see the iSCSI drives. But I still can perform product activation online.
    choose offline method, and use email.
    the iSCSI connections have nothing to do with activation.