Visit Open-E website

Thread: firefox & thunderbird profile locking

Question firefox & thunderbird profile locking

Hi,

Issue:
    If Firefox or Thunderbird will crash or hangs a bit, and I reopen I can't with the error: it's already running or it just doesn't work at all without a error.....Then I have to wait a bit, and it works again.
    From my point of view - It's a locking issue...I know it is possible to disable locking, but it isn't a pretty good idea and the veto oplock option is not present in Open-e.....ANY IDEAS?

Info: Open-e holds all data as well as the users home directories which includes firefox/thunderbird profiles. Open-e is part of our PDC.

Best,
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by bockq
    Hi,

Issue:
    If Firefox or Thunderbird will crash or hangs a bit, and I reopen I can't with the error: it's already running or it just doesn't work at all without a error.....Then I have to wait a bit, and it works again.
    From my point of view - It's a locking issue...I know it is possible to disable locking, but it isn't a pretty good idea and the veto oplock option is not present in Open-e.....ANY IDEAS?

Info: Open-e holds all data as well as the users home directories which includes firefox/thunderbird profiles. Open-e is part of our PDC.

Best,
    B.
    See if this can help:
    http://kb.open-e.com/DSSV6-and-roami...8-R2_1153.html

Thanks Greg,

the only thing which I could try is to deselct "Hide special folders" but I don't think this helps for my special kind of issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R

This points to my issue:
    http://serverfault.com/questions/204...nt-disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by tiber
    Thanks Greg,

the only thing which I could try is to deselct "Hide special folders" but I don't think this helps for my special kind of issue...

update me when you can on the unix extension, and special folder settings.

To have Unix extension and Special folder settings, you need to have an updated build of DSSv6 ( Up55.build 5087 ) or latest to find this options.

I've unchecked the 'hide special folders' and the 'unix extensions' since a week now.
    Unfortunately it doesn't solve my issue.

veto oplocks seems to be the only way to solve it!?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-S
    To have Unix extension and Special folder settings, you need to have an updated build of DSSv6 ( Up55.build 5087 ) or latest to find this options.

veto oplocks seems to be the only way to solve it!?
    do you want to turn oplocks off ?