Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problem with insert new failover task

Default Problem with insert new failover task

Hello!
    I have 2 servers with dds v6.
    There is one iscsi failover task in my system and I want to add new iscsi failover LUN.
    Iam disable iscsi failover via SETUP-network-iSCSI Failover and uncheck "Enable iSCSI failover functionality"
    Iam uncheck "Enable virtual IP" on iscsi failover bond iface on all repl. servers.
    Iam uncheck "Use this network interface to communicate between the nodes." on all iscsi failover ifaces in tab "Auxiliary connection" on all servers.
    Iam stop and remove all replication task in CONFIGURATION-volume manager-Vol. replication in all servers.
    Iam remove "Mirror server IP" in all servers
    Iam reboot all my datastorages.
    Now iam reconfiguring all server:
    -iam add mirror server in all servers
    -iam add 2 repl. task in CONFIGURATION-volume manager-Vol. replication
    And button Apply in "Failover Tasks" is not available (disable)
    How i can solve this problem?

Default same problem

I have the same problem.

When i stop the failover service the move of a failover service is possible, but not when failover service is running.

What needs to be done to "hot" add a new volume to the failover without interuption for the other services?

Quote Originally Posted by mamba
    I have the same problem.

When i stop the failover service the move of a failover service is possible, but not when failover service is running.

What needs to be done to "hot" add a new volume to the failover without interuption for the other services?
    Currently this is not possible.
    This is something to look for in a future release.