Visit Open-E website

Thread: Problem after DC change

Angry Problem after DC change

My current domain controller is a 32-bits Windows 2003 DC, that is to be replaced by a Windows 2008 R2.

I thus installed the new machine and promoted it to DC.
    After pointing the DSS to this new DC, a few shares became inaccessible.

Although 6 shares have identical ACL's, 2 of them can be accessed without any problem, and 4 cannot.

I've tried pointing the DSS back to the old DC, I've removed it from the domain, switched to internal LDAP and then rejoined and re-applied the ACL's, but all to no avail.

Please, is there anyone who can give me a hint?

Arrow

What I forgot to mention: granting access to individual users does not help either, the only thing that works is making users Superuser, but that is not really a solution.

Go to the ACL select the share then on USER and GROUP owner take out all Read Write and Execute also check if the users do have RWE enabled.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Exclamation

Todd,

Thank you for your quick reply. I totally forgot to post an update here, after finding out what caused the problem.

Here's the answer:

The new domain controller also had Unix services installed. Somehow, unix and AD references got mixed up at the SMB folder sharing level.

After removing the Unix services from the DC (moved them to another server), I reset the sharing permissions in DSS and re-assigned the access rights.

That did the trick .

Thanks for the update

I think we should make a KB article of this - thanks to your help!!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube