Visit Open-E website

Thread: 8gb fiber channel support

Default 8gb fiber channel support

Hi,
    is there any chance for support Atto FC-84EN - 4 port 8gbit FC card in OS?
    Is there some solution to integrate driver for this card in Open-E?
    I need this badly

The problem is that ATTO wont send us there cards to keep so that we can test them for each release, others like Qlogic and LSI ..... send them to all our engineers not just for testing but to support our customers for our support team. So unless they have GPL drivers and they are willing to send us cards to keep then we might consider this.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

I'm not even sure there is a target driver for this card. So without that critical component, all you get is initiator support.
    Why do you need it so badly? You'd need quite a few disks to saturate existing quad port qlogic HBAs @ 4GB on a PCI-E 8x 2.0 slot.
    I just picked up 3 QLE2460s for 275 each on ebay. A Dre would say, "now you can beat that with a bat". The qlogic driver is very mature, well supported, has a HUGE user base and most importantly... VENDOR support.

Thumbs up

You said it better then me
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Default Qle2464

Quote Originally Posted by enealDC
    I'm not even sure there is a target driver for this card. So without that critical component, all you get is initiator support.
    Why do you need it so badly? You'd need quite a few disks to saturate existing quad port qlogic HBAs @ 4GB on a PCI-E 8x 2.0 slot.
    I just picked up 3 QLE2460s for 275 each on ebay. A Dre would say, "now you can beat that with a bat". The qlogic driver is very mature, well supported, has a HUGE user base and most importantly... VENDOR support.
    I basically did the same thing purchased some Qlogic QLE2464's at a really good price.
    Upon time to put them into our new shiny IBM x3550 M3 1U servers discovered they don't fit!

They are longer than the single/dual port adapters and now discovered they don't fit into quite a few 1U servers.