Visit Open-E website

Thread: Slow connections

Thread has average rating 5.00 / 5.00 based on 2 votes.
Thread has been visited 10687 times.

Default Slow connections

While you are using WAN network you may face the problem of slow connections. It may cause various difficulties – i.e. during replication process. Open-E Data Storage Software – as a professional and versatile product – has been designed with solving this problem in mind [...]

Sluggish WAN? Read more on Open-E Blog: "Slow connections"

I get disconnected from my WAN sometimes.
    But I think that's a problem with my LAN.
    I still have to go figure on how to fix it though.

Please download the logs from your DSS (webgui -> status -> hardware -> logs). Extract the downloaded archive and check the test.log file for some more details about your DSS V6.
    In the test.log file you can find the output from 'ifconfig' command. Check if there are any lost packets on any of your NICs.

Please also take a look at the following videos for some more information:

How to view and understand the log files from DSS V6
    http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16684098

Performance Testing with DSS V6 for your NIC's and Volumes
    http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=24304862
    http://kb.open-e.com/files/3/

Default Slow connections

While you are using WAN network you may face the problem of slow connections. It may cause various difficulties – i.e. during replication process. Open-E Data Storage Software – as a professional and versatile product – has been designed with solving this problem in mind.

Synchronous or asynchronous?

This is the question.There are two different cases. The first one is connected with block based volume replication. It is based on synchronous volume replication and can be used for NAS logical volumes.

Asynchronous data replication over a WAN enables asynchronous file and folder copying from one storage system to another. With the asynchronous replication, a point-in-time snapshot copy of data on the source is made and copied to the target storage system.
    Last edited by Gr-R; 02-14-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: removed external link

Default slow connections

Even I had the same problem with WAN network

I just called service providers they corrected and now its working fine

thanks

Definitely WAN network perform slow speed many times, such as you use internet that is part of WAN network can be occur error due to network problem. Sometimes you look slow speed with wireless network because range of network signal does not available, but LAN network work fastly and provide good network connectivity.
    -------------------------------------
    Microsoft Help
    Malware Protection