Visit Open-E website

Thread: Setting iSCSI target parameters

Default Setting iSCSI target parameters

Hi all,

this is a feature request.

It's possible to set MaxOutstandingR2T on console in the hardware-tuning-iSCSI menu.

But as far as I see, it's possible only on a target base, not globally. After setting a new value for a certain target, a dialog box appears with a hint that ALL iSCSI connections will be reset when activating the new setting.

Hm, my storage is running as a VMware and data backend and two dozens of targets, some of them connected by several clients (ESX host cluster) As far as I can see: I've to set the value for the first target, accepting a reset of all connections, then setting the next target, accepting one more reset of all connections... Finally, after accepting dozens of resets of ALL connections, I can hope for a running infrastructure :-( ???

Second, whenever I define a new iSCSI target, I have to set this value manually for the new target, and I have to accept a reset of all existing connections again? This would be annoying.

Is there a way to set this tuning parameter globally for the existing targets and/or for all future targets?

Best regards,

Robert

Currently this is done on a per target basis.
    It should also be done on the initiator side, and the host needs to be paused or rebooted to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R
    Currently this is done on a per target basis.
    It should also be done on the initiator side, and the host needs to be paused or rebooted to do this.
    Thank for the answer. This is what I was worried about...

It would be useful to be able to define own default settings for newly created targets, at least.

Regards,

Robert

other thing, it would be nice to have one apply button for all changes per target instead of resetting connections every single change - yes i know that we can press no when asked but still...

regards