Visit Open-E website

Thread: Volumereplication Tasks wouldn´t connect to remote Storage

Talking Volumereplication Tasks wouldn´t connect to remote Storage

Hi folks,

i have repaired both my storages. Now i´m unable to create a new replication task because the remote logical volume can´t be found. when i hit on the scan icon to discover the remote logical volumes the field will stay blank.

i checked the cabling of the two nics, the connectivity in network settings, cleared metadata on both systems but still there is now connection.

i´ve followed the guideline from 03/2011 "synchronous volume replication with failover"

any advice would be just great.

Maybe the loss of connectivity is the problem:

When i click on misc. -->Software Update the Storage prompts that no internet connection is possible. But i´ve setup the correct network adapter with the corresponding gateway and subnetmask.

hmm this is strange

could it be that my new installed onboard NIC is the problem? (changed the board, there´s a NIC onboard which is used for the management port)

Try to run the Ping tool from the console screen in the Console tools and ping the other servers IP.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Ok, did it: no response from the other system and vice versa.

It is the eth1 NIC which will be responsible for the volumereplication. Both NICs are directly connected to each other.

Both Systems say that ethernet link is up

I will check the cabling.

the cabling was bucked up - rewired it - works good!

Thank you for the feedback, hope that will help a lot of users.