Visit Open-E website

Thread: Maximal mount count on DSS Problem

Default Maximal mount count on DSS Problem

Hello,

i am having a problem with the DSS.

My Servers connected to the DSS sporadically lose the connection and show the following in their dmesg:

"nfs: server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not responding, still trying"

The mounts then freeze up completely and i forcably have to unmount and mount them again which is not really a good option for production systems.

When I look at the "dmesg" on the Open-E Server i see the following:

EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended
    EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
    EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
    EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.

Is there any way to set the maximal mount count to 0 so it will not be checked anymore? This is a really annoying problem and i hope i can fix it by setting the maximal mount count to 0. Yet i did not find any way to do this on the Open-E DSS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabas
    Hello,

i am having a problem with the DSS.

My Servers connected to the DSS sporadically lose the connection and show the following in their dmesg:

"nfs: server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not responding, still trying"

The mounts then freeze up completely and i forcably have to unmount and mount them again which is not really a good option for production systems.

When I look at the "dmesg" on the Open-E Server i see the following:

EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended
    EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
    EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
    EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.

Is there any way to set the maximal mount count to 0 so it will not be checked anymore? This is a really annoying problem and i hope i can fix it by setting the maximal mount count to 0. Yet i did not find any way to do this on the Open-E DSS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This warning is not a big issue, but as your server lose connection, then you need to check your network devices health, also check cables, switch, router, switch ports, and your settings.

Also be sure that all your servers has the same date/time or no more than 5 min different time.

And check for your RAID Controller health as most controllers has option in the controller BIOS for that.