Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not listening on port 3260

Question Not listening on port 3260

I'm running Open-E DSS v6 and with the last re-install of the VMWare ESX and ESXi servers I found the discovery of the targets no longer to work.
    No CHAP authentication, nor IP restrictions apply to the test-target.

I was able to work around this issue by using full target names in the ESX(i) kickstart scripts.

Today I set out to fix this probleme and experienced similar problems connecting to iSCSI targets using Microsoft iSCSI Initiator (Windows 2008 R2 default) and Starwind iSCSI Initiator (latest version).

I found that the Open-E server is not listening on port 3260: only 21, 80, 139 and 445 are open.

Anybody any ideas how to fix this?

3260 can not be changed in the DSS V6 and it works - watch this video as we show it working.

http://www.open-e.com/library/webcasts-and-videos/
    2011.03.15 DSS V6 iSCSI-Failover and Multipath with ESXi4.1

or

http://documents.open-e.com/Open-E_D..._ESX4i_4.1.pdf
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Sorry for the quick follow up on my own post - I was mistaken with the port scan.
    It seems port 3260 is open, but there is no response to any Initiator.

With the MS Initiator I get "Authentication failed" and Starwind says that the port is not opened.

Ports found open on the DSS are:

6666-6668

firewall?

DSSV6 isn't blocking anything ...

Exclamation

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've turned off the firewall on the initiator machine and I was able to ping both ways.

Furthermore, the ESX machine that has an active session to the DSS on port 3260 does not "discover" the new volume that I've made available to the appropriate CHAP user.

So, I should formulate more precisely: it is not port 3260 that is the problem, but somehow the target discovery is not working.

Is it possible I've accidentally turned it off at some point?

Did you add a lun to the iSCSI target? Is the lun # 0? Did you modify any of IP access controls for the target?

Sorry for the late response: I did not add a new LUN to an existing target, but created a new target instead.

There is no CHAP authentication enabled, but still MS iSCSI control panel reports "authentication failure".

Just checked: No IP controls are in place, and even the MS iscsi command line returned Authentication Failure on the command "iscsicli qaddtargetportal FQDN"

The eventviewer reports:

iSCSI discovery via SendTargets failed with error code 0xefff0009 to target portal *192.168.xxx.xxx 0003260 Root\ISCSIPRT\0000_0 .

The MS website (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx) only explains that it is an Authentication Failure

This is regardless the OS (tried Win 7 and 2008 R2) or machine (tried 2 physical machines and 2 virtual machines)...

can you tell the MS initiator to look at the DSS IP, or have you done this?

in vmware, dynamic discovery can be disabled, if you are using static discovery.