Visit Open-E website

Thread: Email problem

Question Email problem

Hi,
    I've installed V6 Lite and configured it, Software Raid 6 on 5 500Gb Drives. It seems to be running well but I'm having trouble with it sending out emails.

When getting DSS to send out a test mail the server gives the following error:

"09:17:00 SMTP: [2] 192.168.0.70 [192.168.0.70] connected.
    09:17:00 SMTP: [2] SMTP connection to 192.168.0.70 established.
    09:17:00 SMTP: [2] Connection error (Winsock: Returned by WSARecv or WSARecvFrom to indicate the remote party has initiated a graceful shutdown sequence.)."

Any ideas who be greatly appreciated.

Have your tried to reboot your DSS system after configuring the email account in email notification window?

09:17:00 SMTP: [2] Connection error (Winsock: Returned by WSARecv or WSARecvFrom to indicate the remote party has initiated a graceful shutdown sequence.)."
    This is a configuration issue on the mail server. make sure proper ports are being used, and that it isnt trying to send to the internet using your ISP. Also check cables, and lan server start up is error free.

Thank you for your quick replies.

The email server is onsite and working for other switches, routers, etc that email out with the same params.
    I haven't tried it after a DSS reboot. I'll give it a go during the lunch break in a while.

Thanks again.

Fixed.

I tried the configuration without "Authentication" set on and it worked.
    It was because it is using a trusted account.

Couldn't of twigged it without your help. Thank you.

Default SMTP Log

Are there any error SMTP Logs I can view via DSS?? As the email says it is sent but i can't see it on my email server etc?