Visit Open-E website

Thread: No console, no web

Default No console, no web

So, my DSS is functioning ok, except I have no console, and no web interface. The console is live but no text. The web is live and responds to https, but gives me a blank white page. Support has told me to "reboot".

There is no way I'm risking hard rebooting this. Is there ANY other way in? SSH? some backdoor in to shutdown?

Pi-L Guest

Are you using UPS and have it configured? UPS can send signal to shutdown DSS V6
    Although I think you can go ahead and hard reboot. Nothing should happen.
    If you could send us logs via user portal we will investigate the reason of this behavior. If you are using older versions of DSS V6 it could be connected with low memory issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi-L
    Are you using UPS and have it configured? UPS can send signal to shutdown DSS V6
    Although I think you can go ahead and hard reboot. Nothing should happen.
    If you could send us logs via user portal we will investigate the reason of this behavior. If you are using older versions of DSS V6 it could be connected with low memory issue.
    This is the newest version, and I have no access either way, console or HTTPS.

Pi-L Guest

It's Friday.. best day for reboots
    Then we can see the logs to find out what happened not to let it happen again

@dwright1542

You can regularly shutdown Open-E DSS V6 server by short pressing
    of power button on front panel of the server.
    This is similar to sending of "Graceful Shutdown" command to the system.

DSS Open-E should normaly do a shutdown.

Be careful, long pressing of power button is leading to immediately power off (without proper shutdown).

Pi-L Guest

It depends on motherboard settings how power button press is interpreted, but basically it is a good idea.

In general, if there is no access to the DSSv6, as keyboard is not functional, WebGUI is not working, NO console mode, then there is no way that the system can be accessed, so the best choose is to reboot the system.

Just keep in mind that there is no users are reading/writing to the system during the reboot process.