Visit Open-E website

Thread: LUN 0 Small on FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LUN 0 Small on FC

I have created a volume group and assigned a 7.5TB hardware RAID 5 to it. I have created lv0000 at 2TB, lv0001 at 2TB, lv0002 at 2TB and lv0003 at 1.4TB. I have changed my FC setup to be T. I created a group in FC target manger and added all my initiators. I also added all four volumes.

I have a xenserver 5.6 pool with 3 servers. I see 4 LUNS but LUN 0 shows at 48.6GB instead of 2TB. All three of the other LUNS show correctly. Is this to be expected of LUN 0?

BTW I am running build 5626.

When you created the FC Volume did you use the "initialization" feature?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Yes I used the initialize feature for all 4 lvs. It took about 12 hours on medium. I noticed on the Xenservers that there was a lot of chatter on the bus evident in dmesg. I swore for a while it was affecting the production EMC LUNS performance. I could be wrong on this but I removed the target groups and the zone for now just in case.

I just wanted to close this out with a good word. I did an online chat with pre sales and they had me send the logs from our eval unit. The sales person forwarded the logs to an engineer who sent an email within an hour. The tech said it looked like my Qlogic card was bad based on some log entries. He was spot on. We changed the FC card and all is great. We now have turned in an old HP DL320s G1 into viable FC backup solution.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply and especially the good comments as our guys really try hard to be the best and they get very little recognition - many thanks again!
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube