Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSI 9265-8i

Default LSI 9265-8i

Hello,
    I found an issue. I am using Open-e with LSI 9265-8i MegaRAID Controller. I have also a backup battery unit connected to it. Problem is such that DSS does not see a battery. MegaRAID Storage Manager can see it but DSS reports that "Info No battery has been found."
    How to see a battery ?

Another question from me. How to check SMART status stats of drives connected to LSI MegaRAID Controller ?

Are you on the latest firmware for the LSI and the latest version of the DSS V6 (build 5626)?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Did you update your RAID Controller firmware to the latest version?

And what is your DSSv6 build?

We have the same issue, and are running the most current firmware. We are on 5626 DSS, and 3.140.15.1320 for LSI.

Thanks
    Shawn

Hello,
    I updated controller firmware to 3.140.15.1320, but I still see the battery issue.
    Thanks for support.

Can you send in the log file from the DSS V6 so we can look into this, to get the log file go to Status > Hardware > Log then create a ticket from your User Portal.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Arrow SMART status checking on HDDs attached to a RAID controller

Quote Originally Posted by piotrp
    How to check SMART status stats of drives connected to LSI MegaRAID Controller ?
    I think that you can't do it from Open-E interface.
    SMART status in Open-E is available only for directly attached HDDs (without any RAID controller in between). Or, when RAID controller is working in IT mode (without any RAID functions).

Use LSI MegaRaid Storage Manager for checking of HDDs status and their health.

I think i can`t create ticket from user portal because I am running so far Trial Version for testing purposes.

Send me a privet email on the forum and I will give you a email address to use.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi,
    Thanks for support about battery.
    But I still have questions about SMART. I asked LSI about SMART monitoring using their tools and they recomended using third party tool like smartmontools. Do you use it for SMART monitoring of S/W RAID drives ? I saw a manual for smartmontools and there is a possibility to check SMART status of drive used by MegaRAID controller (option "-d megaraid").
    Will it work ? Can it be added to console like a tool or something? I don't think it is much work to do as tool exists.

Link for manual:
    http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net...martctl.8.html