Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error in rsync protocol data

Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R
    2 things:

1- update to the latest build of DSS
    With my department the way it is currently, that will have to come later.

2- one of the destinations vmdk is to small:
    rsync: write failed on "/COR-WebServer/COR-WebServer-flat.vmdk" (in Copy of cor-itvms1): No space left on device (28)
    Even though windows if I map to the share shows plenty of space? I guess that is what I don't get. The 2 shares are the same size and even with not even half of the files copied over, it is running out of space. Does it need a swap file?

dj

Another question. I look at the webserver folder and both boxes have all of the files in it. So it's not like the files didn't copy. I guess I just don't understand how it is out of space. I mean at the rate it is going I would have to have a second box with twice as much storage as the original.

With the version you are using, you coulld be hitting an old auxfs issue in using up inodes.
    This is corrected in later releases.
    See if the issue is still happening after your update.

With the version you are using, you coulld be hitting an old auxfs issue in using up inodes.
    This is corrected in later releases.
    See if the issue is still happening after your update.
    Model: Data Storage Software V6
    Version: 6.0up13.8101.4023 64bit
    Release date: 2010-01-13

You should be at:
    Model: Data Storage Software V6
    Version: 6.0up80.8101.5626 64bit

Ok. I will look into upgrading that soon. Also, I increased the destination share by 1TB and started one last night at 11 pm. Well it's still running. I can't win for loosing. I guess I should be happy that it didn't error out but I would like for it to finish.

dj

Is there a good set of instructions on upgrading? I got the latest package downloaded but want to make sure it upgrades correctly.

dj

instructions are in the release notes.

but its very simple, upload the new image in the wegui, accept the update, and reboot.

It took around 30 hours but it finally finished. I did upgrade the destination box and now I have another issue but I created a new thread for it.

dj

It's good to hear that all your issue now works fine, and for you other post that the system hang at 90%, just give it sometime, and as you told us it works fine after you wait for sometime on it.

The long time that you face could be related to your RAID system, so if you rebuild the array sure it will take very long time (sometimes over 24 hours, as that depend on the storage capacity, system speed, RAID controller, RAID type that you are using as RAID 1,0,5,6 etc..).

And if the long time goes for the update process, then that could be related to your internet speed, as if you have more than one system and you want to update them with a slow internet speed connection, we recommend that you install the ISO image of DSSv6 then check it with the .MD5 sum file to be sure that it downloaded fine, then use it to update your systems.

Also if updating your system take long time, even if you are using the ISO (already downloaded) image, then it is better to check your DOM/USB or your File System.