Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webinterface/Apache crashed in Latest Build (5794) ?

Well, also downloading the logs in once never worked correct (on both systems
    we have here - buyed at different times!). The most time
    i don't get the logs (single download works).

But for the current problem i will open a support case now.

I opened a support ticket.

The unit is 'remote support connected' now. Under ticket: 1026005.

-Roel
    Roel Broersma is founder and technical consultant at www.Gigaweb.nl. Expert in Storage solutions based on DELL, OpenFiler, Open-E and more. New installations, troubleshooting and custom work. See my life and technical blog at: www.roelbroersma.nl

OECE - Open-E Certified Engineer

Thank you, we can see it, and we are working on it now.

Well, my problem is solved. Support said: The problem was wrong format of product key (with '-').

Downloading the log files in once is also working again.

Thanx.

Thanks habicht for your post, Yes the issue related to prod.key file, as if the product key contains "-" it will not work with build5794.

so just to know if this issue happens at other systems too.
    How can we resolve this issue? Retype the license key without the "-"?

How often does this issue occur? Any expectations?

So, what is the solution of this problem:

- for new Open-E DSS V6 installation we should enter product keys without "-". Am I right?
    Although, PDF with purchased product key (received from Open-E sales) has "-" inside product key?

- for old Open-E systems, where we have licenced it by typing product key with "-" (because it has this originaly form in purchased PDF): we will have problems with Web access when upgrading to the latest b5794 ? And we have to open remote support ticket to let Open-E support to solve it?
    Am I right?

Pi-L Guest

This problem occurs only if file prod.key was edited manually (and for example product key was copied from pdf with '-'). Product keys entered via GUI are automatically parsed to correct format and written to file, therefore one should be no worried about typing them in with dashes.

If you experience this issue you may edit file prod.key on your own on other machine and remove the '-' signs or open support ticket and our team will fix it right away via RSS without any downtime.

We are sorry for inconvenience. Let me also assure this issue will be fixed in next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi-L
    If you experience this issue you may edit file prod.key on your own on other machine and remove the '-' signs or open support ticket and our team will fix it right away via RSS without any downtime.
    Hi, I'm planning for update, so where can i find this file to check it's contents?

Thank you.

If you boot your DSS V6 from a USB memory stick, you can just shutdown the server, unplug the USB memory stick and plug it to any PC. You will see the following directories there:
    bxxxx <DIR>
    boot <DIR>
    mmenu_upd.sh
    Where bxxxx is the DSS V6 build number so in case you are using the latest build 5794, go to b5794 directory and you will find prod.key file there.
    You can edit it and remove all "-" signs. After the changes are saved, plug you USB memory stick back to you server.

BR,
    Tom