Visit Open-E website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webinterface/Apache crashed in Latest Build (5794) ?

Angry Webinterface/Apache crashed in Latest Build (5794) ?

I just wanted to upgrade a SAN of one of my customers.

Downloaded the update... did the reboote.... couldn't get a webinterface anymore!

I tried on IE and on Firefox.
    I even generated a new certificate (via console -> time settings -> (last step) generate new certificate.

So I reverted back to the previous release.

Is this a known issue?
    Roel Broersma is founder and technical consultant at www.Gigaweb.nl. Expert in Storage solutions based on DELL, OpenFiler, Open-E and more. New installations, troubleshooting and custom work. See my life and technical blog at: www.roelbroersma.nl

OECE - Open-E Certified Engineer

Try to clear your browser certificates. Also check with an older browser or see if another system w/ browser will work.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

If using IE 9 make sure to use compatibility mode.

I tried IE8 and IE9, both in 'normal' and in Compatibility mode.
    I did CTRL-SHIFT-DEL to clear all cache, etc.

(and note that I saw the same, which is a black screen, using Firefox).

After reverting back to the old version, it works again.

I can create a remote-support for it. Which will be in about 3 - 4 hours from now.
    So you can see if there are any errors and/or the webserver crashed... ?
    Roel Broersma is founder and technical consultant at www.Gigaweb.nl. Expert in Storage solutions based on DELL, OpenFiler, Open-E and more. New installations, troubleshooting and custom work. See my life and technical blog at: www.roelbroersma.nl

Hi,

got the same over here, no webinterface. Problem, we only got Macs, no PCs, so its Safari and Firefox only. Both dont work anymore, even clean browsers.

Default Rss

Roeller,

Please open the ticket then enable the remote support so we will be able to troubleshoot the issue you are having with the latest build...

Well, i just had the same situation ... No Safari, no Firefox, no IE, no Konqueror ....

Detlev

Please try to check the downloaded ISO file with .MD5 sum file that you can find in the same page where you download the ISO file.

Also you can try to try the latest build to be installed on a fresh new USB flash memory and test it if it work fine with you or do you face issues.

If It works fine, then go to your old build system, try to clear older builds if exist, so leave only one build available, and then update.

You can find the latest builds at our website at:
    http://www.open-e.com/account/products-and-updates/

Also you can find the instructions how to update in the same page if you need them.

Default Auto update does MD5 check?

Most people use the Auto Update from the webinterface. I assume it does the MD5 check itself.. ?

It must be a bug in the software... more people have this issue.

Most people use the Auto Update from the webinterface. I assume it does the MD5 check itself.. ?
    This is correct.

We are investigating the issue some are seeing.
    If you can open a support case(if you havent already), we can try to restart apache on the server, to see if there are problems with the webserver.
    I was able to update several installs so far, and no issues like this.