Visit Open-E website

Thread: Change MTU - does it drop the connection?

Default Change MTU - does it drop the connection?

Hi There,

Running the latest version of DSSv6 Lite on an HP DL380G5. We need to make a change of the MTU on our 802.3ad network bond from 1500 to 9000. We have active XenServer VM disks on the DSS server at the moment...

Will this down/up the network bond if we do this? (therefore bump the iSCSI service?)

Thanks

Simon

I really recommend that you stop the VM's and the XEN connection then break the bond then set each nic to the frame size then create the bond then set the frame size on the bond then make the frame size the same on the XEN and switch ports and reconnect.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by greminn
    Hi There,

Running the latest version of DSSv6 Lite on an HP DL380G5. We need to make a change of the MTU on our 802.3ad network bond from 1500 to 9000. We have active XenServer VM disks on the DSS server at the moment...

Will this down/up the network bond if we do this? (therefore bump the iSCSI service?)

Thanks

Simon

Yes the NIC will restart

Thanks for the quick response on this one.

Also: Will changing the gateway effect any services?

We have 3 NICs.. NIC0-1 are the iSCSI Bond.. and NIC2 is the management port. At the moment the gateway is set to the bond and i need to change to the management port.

Thanks

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by greminn
    Thanks for the quick response on this one.

Also: Will changing the gateway effect any services?

We have 3 NICs.. NIC0-1 are the iSCSI Bond.. and NIC2 is the management port. At the moment the gateway is set to the bond and i need to change to the management port.

Thanks

Simon
    Actually i can do that at the same time. DUH!