Visit Open-E website

Thread: Error notifications from Volume Replication

Default Error notifications from Volume Replication

I keep getting a lot of error messages about a syncronous iscsi volume replication task i have going and i am unsure whether they are just informational ar if they relate to something i should be worried about. Here is an example...

2011/11/15 08:27:55 Replication:Volume Replication: Device lv0204: Connection (from Connected to WFConnection). Mode local/remote (from Primary/Secondary to Primary/Unknown). DataStatus local/remote (from Consistent/Consistent to Consistent/DUnknown).

2011/11/15 07:00:12 Replication:Volume Replication: Device lv0204: Connection (from Connected to WFBitMapS).

I seem to get a few at a time - at random points throughout the day and i cant seem to see any pattern to it. So, what is causing the notifications and if they are informational and nothing to worry about, is there a way to turn off the notifications?

The problem is that if a serious error notification came through it may get lost and ignored amongst the pile of informational ones...

You might have some network issues as these messages are from connectivity issues trying to sync to the destination. Check the console screen, go to CTRL + ALT + N then check the NICs and go to "Info" for each NIC to see if there are any dropped packets and check for the seed "1000" and make sure it is "Full duplex".

Link below provides details of the messages.

http://kb.open-e.com/Description-of-...tions_612.html
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube