Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to avoid stopping the failover when adding a new failover task?

Thumbs up

Between Christmas and New Year we updated all our storages to up90 (5845).
    All the machines (VM) and the data residing on the storages have been available during the updateprocess due to the failoversystem we are using.

It worked flawless, thanks for that.

I will submit a support ticket to get the small update and report results later.

DerFux

Am I right in assuming that this update includes the most needed function for DSS?

So after this update i can add some harddisks, configure my failover task for this drives, and add it to the failover without the need of shuting it down? No need to shutdown 20 VMs when adding a single drive to the SAN?

Well, i'm on up85 5794, where can i get this update?

Correct. this small update gives you the ability to add tasks to the failover configuration without stopping failover.
    Submit a support ticket in your user portal, and request the update.

All the machines (VM) and the data residing on the storages have been available during the updateprocess due to the failoversystem we are using.
    Last edited by Gr-R; 01-18-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Thumbs up

We are testing it right now (since a week).

It works fine so far.

We are glad to hear that, and we are planning to add this small update to our future new builds of DSS.

This small update ( upd_0904c-DSS-V6 ) is already included within the build up95. 6156 and after, so if you are running any build after up95.6156, then no need to this small update.