Visit Open-E website

Thread: Anyone have DSS working with Xenserver 6 and Multipath

Default Anyone have DSS working with Xenserver 6 and Multipath

Trying to get DSS working on new Xenserver 6. Followed the instructions in the PDF dated February 2011. Not getting the proper info in the field pgpolicy when doing a multipath -v3. Instead of multibus its saying failover.

Also, in the xencenter console when choosing a LUN it shows the type as being IET instead of SCST_BIO.

Thinking something may have changed in Xenserver 6.0.

Anyone?

What does your multipath.conf file look like?

I determined my problem I have my ISCSI protocolset to IET. Thought it was set to SCST, but I think it was changed to IET because I was doing Hyper-V a year ago or so. Trying to figure out if I will screw up my Onapp setup if I switch it from IET to SCST.

Thanks!

hi

i had xenserver 5.6 working with multi path but after 4 months i had a connection issue with one of the LUN's caused by multi path apparently this was due to xenserver bug. i think it is working okay with version 6 but i have decided to stay clear of multi path from now on as i lost 3 of my VM's (critical ones) for about 24 hours before i figured out what was causing the issue

I decided to keep my ISCSI settings on my DSS at IET and xenserver 6 works fine with multipath after I added the following line to /etc/multipath.conf:

defaults {
    user_friendly_names no
    path_grouping_policy multibus
    }

So far everything is working well with Xenserver 6.0. Doing a lot of testing and everything is working smoothly.

Like that it supports Jumbo Frames. Easy to set MTU=9000 through the XenCenter gui instead of having to use xe commands as before.

Good to know, and Thanks webguys.

Consider moving to SCST at some point though, as it can be tuned should performance suffer at all.