Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failover problem if raid controller hardware failure

I'm in the same boat and currently running 5087 and want to get to the latest. When I went thru the update check it only found 5626 instead of 5845 as I was expecting. Is there a reason the Update Check isn't going to 5845?

Also will any of these updates affect failover (virtual IP). I notice it said something in the change notes for 5626 that now all IP would have the auxillary connection set for each of you nics, didn't know if that would affect anything.

Thanks!
    Andy

Andy,
    The auto-updater gets the next build in line.
    In your case, just download the latest ISO in your user portal, and upload it manually to the webGUI.
    The aux requirement is not in the latest build, so you are ok to move to the latest build.

Just one more question regarding the new feature "failover on I/O error":

What defines the condition "I/O error" ?
    Is this condition taken from hardware or from filesystem ?

We wouldn't want a failover when one of the disks in our raid 5 with hot spare reports a repaired sector or similar....

Regards,
    Ralph

@Diesoftware:

We've tested these feature and removed (e.g) disk for disk in a raid5 system.
    "Degraded" mode (removing one disk) doesn't trigger the failover. Only a failed/broken raid volume leads to it.

This was our experience in our testing environment.

@r3vo

Thanks so far.
    What hardware were You using for testing ?

Regards,
    Ralph

We made the tests with Adaptec H/W raid controller and a "lsi chip based" controller.

The failover triggered with both controllers when the h/w raid volume got status failed.