Visit Open-E website

Thread: Failover: Ping node x.x.x.x is down

Default Failover: Ping node x.x.x.x is down

Hi,

I have 2 DSS v6 boxes set up with failover between them providing ISCSI storage to a Hyper-V cluster. There are 4 host servers in the Hyper-V cluster and I've used all four of these as the ping nodes for both DSS boxes.

This all works fine, except every morning I get a number of notification emails saying the Ping nodes are down. These seem to coincide with our backup window in the early hours of the morning when the Hyper-V VHDs are backed up to Microsoft Data Protection Manager.

I presume that the network with the ISCSI traffic is just getting saturated during the backups when a lot of data is moving and a few of the pings are getting lost. Everything seems to be working ok, but I'd rather not get these false alarm emails.

Can anything be done to detune the sensitivity of these email alerts?

Tim

What is your ping node? Best to use a switch, router, or even one of your windows servers.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by To-M
    What is your ping node? Best to use a switch, router, or even one of your windows servers.
    The ping nodes are the four Windows servers.

Can you test with a switch or router and see if the ping node messages appear?
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube