Visit Open-E website

Thread: Error: "Configuration of both nodes finished with errors"

Unhappy Error: "Configuration of both nodes finished with errors"

I had a crashed Open-E failover cluster, the systems wouldn't boot beyond the 90% anymore unless I disconnected all the network cables OR booted in 32-bit mode (but then the volumes were not accesible because these were 64bit).

Finally I had the systems up and running again. I removed all the failover configuration (because there was some recovery-speed involved) so I connected the Xenserver (iscsi) directly to 1 DSSv6.

Now I want to remake the failover configuration but every time I want to start the failover on the primary for the first time, it says:
    "Configuration of both nodes finished with errors"

Which means I can't get it to work. I checked all the settings, aux. IPs, Virtual IPs, ping-nodes, etc. 1000x times.

Roel
    Roel Broersma is founder and technical consultant at www.Gigaweb.nl. Expert in Storage solutions based on DELL, OpenFiler, Open-E and more. New installations, troubleshooting and custom work. See my life and technical blog at: www.roelbroersma.nl

OECE - Open-E Certified Engineer

You have the Auxillary checkbox checked for failover nics as well as the replication connection on both sides? I remember having a similar error once when I forgot to check the auxillary checkbox on the replication nic.

Hello I have a same problem. But whan configure the NFS FAILOVER
    check auxiliary set ip , set a virtual network, set the volume replicator set all, but after start appear.;
    "Configuration of both nodes finished with errors"

double check both nodes are configured exactly the same (one as source, one as destination)

Restore default network settings (IP, BONDING) was helpful for me, once upon a time.